Senior Data Engineer
We're looking for engineers with broad and deep skill sets and experiences to help move us forward. We want self-starters who will bring distinctive expertise but who are excited to step outside their comfort zone and learn new skills. If you're eager to pick up new languages, paradigms, and technologies, we want to talk.
What you'll do
Our engineers are expected to wear a number of hats and have the opportunity to touch all parts of the stack. As an engineer at 605, you might work to improve our optimization algorithms, write code using Apache Spark, participate in architectural decisions for new components, or improve performance in collaboration with DevOps. In the same week, you could work on user-facing interfaces and reports with frontend developers, write code to import, process and QC terabytes of new data, and work with analysts and statisticians to ensure the validity of our processes.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or 4 additional years of relevant work experience)
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
- Significant development experience with a major modern language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, C/C++, etc.)
- Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data at scale and comfort with a variety of different stores (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMSes and data warehouses
- Experience writing unit and functional tests
- Comfort with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work well in an agile, collaborative team environment
Any of the following will make us really excited:
- Master's in Computer Science or a related field
- Basic understanding of statistics and experience with statistical packages such as R, Matlab, SPSS, etc.
- Practical experience with supervised machine learning techniques
- Practical experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with AWS products (Redshift, EMR, S3, IAM, RDS, etc)
- Experience wrangling terabytes of big, complicated, imperfect data
- Strong background with test-driven development
Important and Standard
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Life & Disability insurance
- 401k plan with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- Up to 15 paid vacation days depending on grade level
- 7 paid sick days in a calendar year - if you’re sick, you stay home
Other cool benefits
- 4 work from home days/month
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight knit start up community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.