Technical Product Manager
At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
The Technical Product Manager is the linchpin of product innovation and business growth, driving a cross-functional team to deliver product excellence. The Technical Product Manager’s ability to internalize and articulate the needs of customers, married with business savvy and technical competency, are leveraged to build trust, discipline, and passion across the organization. The Technical Product Manager thrives as both an individual contributor and a mentor in collaborative settings to help define broad product vision, clarify business opportunities, and discover products that deliver customer and business value.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a technical product manager you will have the key responsibility of identifying and executing product features for 605’s data platform.
- Provide business and technical understanding of integrating data into the platform.
- Grow and refine the product backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value.
- Participate in and help lead the evolution of the product management organization and related processes.
- Work with development managers and project managers to ensure engineering teams are positioned for success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/ Information Systems, Information Management, Statistics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- 5+ years of experience with designing and implementing distributed data systems, data ingestion processes, ETL/ELT frameworks
- Experience with defining operational and analytical data structures
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a cross-functional organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with basic tools for statistics and analysis (SQL, Python or R)
- Familiarity with advanced audience targeting in the television and/or digital advertising industry
- Experience conducting user research and integrating customer feedback into product development
- Strong understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.