At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
The Data Solutions Data Engineer is responsible for onboarding, QA and analyses of data sets into the 605 platforms. This role will also interface with business and product owners to understand requirements and ensure that data sets are accurate, timely and available to support the business needs.
- Ability to interpret data sets and define process and procedures to ensure data is received to spec and in a timely and accurate manner
- Identify and address issues with data sets
- Establish clear communications both across the data provider relationships as well as within 605
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place to meet SOC 3 compliance procedures
- Ensure excellent communication procedures are in place via daily/monthly/weekly reporting to advise status of data sets and that end users are informed of data status
- Work with business and product owners to develop procedures, methods, code to provide efficient tools and products to meet the needs of the end users
- Support all groups across 605 as needed to address questions regarding data quality, status, ETL and other platform related questions and concerns that may arise
- 5-7 years in data processing and analytics industry
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Python and other database query related languages
- Strong working knowledge of cable ad sales inventory, impression projections, reach and frequency analytics a strong plus
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present to end users, support teams, technical teams as well as senior management as needed
- Experience in application development, “big data” analytics and ability to deliver customer focused products that are simple and easy for end users to interpret is preferred
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Vision coverage, STD, LTD and life insurance.
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time off
- Educational reimbursement and volunteer time off
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences