Security Engineer (Consultant)
605 is looking for a Security Engineer (Consultant). Reporting to the Head of Information Security, the Security Engineer will help implement and roll out various security applications and platforms as well as validate the controls necessary to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the environment.
At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Head of Information Security to implement and maintain all security services and infrastructure with special emphasis on vulnerability remediation and end point protection.
- Work with our IT & Security vendors diligently to apply appropriate patches and system hardening procedures including updating necessary firmware on all systems to ensure our network remains secure from unauthorized access.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide hands-on support as needed, to ensure the smooth, efficient operations of the security systems and IT department.
- Monitor established network and security policies, procedures and standards to ensure conformance with information systems and business objectives.
- Develop and maintains exception reports for audit review (security and change management).
All candidates must be hands on technically with the ability to perform engineering and operations functions as part of this role.
Time will be split each week between the NYC office (Midtown) and Long Island (Syosset) locations. No relocation assistance or sponsorship available for this position.
Hands-on working knowledge with the following technologies:
- AWS- Security Engineering, Identify Access Management and Network Security
- SIEM- Ability to configure and tune
- End point protection- Ability to deploy and tune
- Palo Alto Firewall- Monitor, audit, setup filtering rules, and URL blocking
- Vulnerability assessment tools- Nexpose, Security Center, Nessus
- Network working switches, and wireless routers with BGP, EIGRP, Spanning- Tree, Trunking, HSRP, TCP/IP and WAN optimization.
- Virtualization and configure VMware, Vcenter, Vmotion
- Network management systems, and Active Directory servers.
- Ability to integrate LDAP, SAML and Federated Identity services and single sign on services.
Specific hardware, operating systems and applications:
- Cisco Meraki Wireless
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Tenable (Nessus) and Nexpose (Insight VM)
- Cylance / Bit Defender End Point Protection
- Airwatch / Jamf
- Solarwinds Network Management
- DNS Configuration and Setup
- Window AD / Active Directory Integration
- AWS / Cloud Trails / Monitoring and Auditing
- DUO / Lastpass
- HP / Dell Server Setup
- Windows DNS / DHCP setup and configuration
- AWS – Open VPN, Cloud Trails, S3 Buckets, EC2
- Linux (Kali), Windows 2012 Server
- Bachelors Degree in Computers Science, MIS, Cyber Security or Equivalent
- CEH, CCNP, CCIE, TIA Security+, LPIC2, MCSE
- 5 – 7 Years hands-on with Network / Systems Engineering and Security systems
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and required employment verification