605 is looking for highly motivated and creative-thinking engineering students who are eager to explore in the full stack. You will be joining us for the summer in our NYC office. You’ll get to tackle new and interesting challenges with big data while integrating the front-end with the data layer. Working alongside seasoned engineers, you’ll grow your skills and learn cutting-edge technologies as we launch new big-data products in media analytics.
You should be comfortable with data structures and both the application and presentation layers of software architecture. You won’t just be working with technology, however - our engineering interns may also be called upon to work collaboratively with analysts and business users. Most importantly, you’ll be working with exciting new tech that processes hundreds of millions of rows of data per day!
At 605, we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, and marketing strategists. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
In this job you will:
● Write clean code in a tight-knit, collaborative, agile environment
● Participate in standups and scrum sessions
● Help create dashboards and data visualization for internal and external use
● Collaborate with other engineers and designers, both internal and external, in order to integrate various aspects of new and existing products
You're the kind of person who:
● Loves to learn - you can't fit enough classes into your course load and are continuously reading about new disciplines
● Constantly consumes information (breaking news, technology developments, the works)
● You have at least junior status (master’s candidate welcome, too!) with courses in algorithms and data structures
● Experience with a web framework (e.g., Ruby/Rails or Python/Django) and a solid understanding of the MVC design pattern
● Experience with a lower-level language (e.g., Java, C/C++, C#)
● Understanding of test-driven development
● Comfort with version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN)
● Clear verbal and written communication skills
It would also be helpful to have:
● A basic understanding of statistics
● Experience working with data at scale and comfort with Spark, Map/Reduce, or Redshift
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.