Senior Security Engineer
At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
Reporting to the Director of Information Security, the Sr. Security Engineer will help implement 605’s information security program, comprised of cloud infrastructure, on-premise networking, and end-user endpoints. The Senior Security Engineer will be directly responsible for implementing and managing cloud and on-premise firewalls and the various security tools to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the 605 environment.
- Works with the Director of Information Security to implement and maintain all security services and infrastructure, with special emphasis on cloud technologies and tools to integrate into a CI/CD development environment
- Works with IT and DevOps teams to apply appropriate patches and system hardening procedures including updating necessary firmware on all systems to ensure the network remains secure from unauthorized access
- Troubleshoots issues and provides hands-on support as needed, to ensure smooth and efficient operation of security systems. This will include Linux servers, Mac and Windows workstations.
- Monitors established network and security controls to ensure compliance with Information Security policies. Must have a command of NIST, CIS, and ISO security frameworks.
- Must be hands-on, with a strong technical ability to perform security engineering and operations functions as part of this role.
- Administration and Engineering of Palo Alto firewalls (physical and virtual). VPN setup and administration (P2P and Global Protect end-point clients).
- Linux operating systems installation and troubleshooting (AWS-Linux and Ubuntu)
- System hardening and infrastructure security
- AWS security configuration, including IAM roles, security groups, EC2 instance creation, S3 bucket policies, JSON creation, VPC engineering, and Cloud Trails setup and auditing
- Cisco Meraki wireless controllers configuration and management
- Cylance end-point protection (Protect / Optics) troubleshooting
- Splunk Cloud: dashboard creation and monitoring
- Vulnerability scanning tools such as Tenable’s Security Center, Nessus
- Airwatch / Jamf / scripting
- Duo MFA implementations and integrations
- Email protection solutions such as Proofpoint
Skills that would be a strong plus:
- Experience with integrating LDAP, SAML, federated identity services and MFA services
- Penetration testing tools such as Burp Suite, Metasploit, Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Kali Linux
- Implementation and setup of static and dynamic code assessment tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity or equivalent
- CEH, CCNP, CCIE, TIA Security+, LPIC2, or similar Linux certifications. 5 – 7 years hands-on with network/systems engineering and security systems.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
We're looking for engineers with broad and deep skill sets and experiences to help move us forward. We want self-starters who will bring distinctive expertise but who are excited to step outside their comfort zone and learn new skills. If you’re eager to pick up new languages, paradigms, and technologies, we want to talk.
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.