Manager of Data Operations and Quality
At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
605 is looking for a Manager of Data Operations and Quality to provide day-to-day operational support for core 605 datasets. The Manager of Data Operations and Quality will be the primary point of contact for user inquiries into the status (timeliness, accuracy and completeness) of the core data sets used within 605 products. This individual will be responsible for providing operational support which includes (but not limited to) identifying data issues, tracking issue resolution, communicating to key stakeholders, monitoring the data quality, and implementing quality assurance best practices across the core 605 datasets. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to deliver products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- Responsible for monitoring, identifying and tracking data quality issues associated with key 605 datasets.
- Implement the Quality Control practices (processes and methodologies) to ensure that the 605 data sets utilized by core client-facing applications are accurate, timely and complete. This includes ensuring that key quality metrics are monitored, that data variance is within acceptable thresholds, Service Level Agreements are met and issues escalated to the appropriate parties.
- Liaise between data providers (vendors and internal development teams) and data consumers (Product Managers) to identify key quality metrics, service level agreements and overall health of 605 data sets. Act as the primary point of contact for data related issues (timelines, accuracy, completeness, etc.) coordinating issue resolution with engineers, product managers, as well as data providers and communicating status to all constituents. Monitor data issues from initial alert through resolution, providing regular status to appropriate parties.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to define business rules for handling datasets or metrics that fall outside acceptable thresholds.
- Notify impacted stakeholders of critical issues effecting the timely delivery or the quality of 605 datasets. Provide product owners and stakeholders with timely updates on pending issues.
- Engage engineering teams and vendors when necessary to resolve inquiries and issues associated with 605 datasets.
- Define processes and tools (including dashboards) to support and enhance the service management of 605 datasets.
- Work closely with development teams, product owners and stakeholders to insure the highest level of customer support and satisfaction.
- At least 7+ years of experience as a project manager, operations analyst, business analyst or equivalent role.
- Knowledge and experience in agile/SCRUM environments along with associated tools including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in Quality Assurance and troubleshooting customer facing applications.
- Experience in Business Transformation and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Excellent Team and Consumer Advocacy skills.
- Curiosity, interest in learning and strong problem solving skills.
- Solutions oriented thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in working with data extracts and data analysis.
- Experience in the US television industry.
- Experience in the advertising industry.
- Basic understanding of any of the following Technologies is a plus (SQL, AWS, Splunk, Tableau).
- Comfortable working with both in house and external developers/technology.
Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
We're looking for engineers with broad and deep skill sets and experiences to help move us forward. We want self-starters who will bring distinctive expertise but who are excited to step outside their comfort zone and learn new skills. If you’re eager to pick up new languages, paradigms, and technologies, we want to talk.
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.