Director of Project Management
At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
The Director of Project Management role is key to 605’s continued growth. You will oversee a team of embedded PMs across the company, assess and provide project management capacity where not yet in place, and coordinate moving parts and dependencies across technology teams, product and services delivery, sales and business development, legal and compliance, and elsewhere, to provide transparency and visibility, and ensure that we are growing and delivering our offerings as efficiently as possible. You should be comfortable working and managing in a matrixed environment, you should enjoy the pace and nimbleness of a startup, and you should be a truth teller and a creative thinker.
- The Director of Project Management is the linchpin in terms of oversight, resourcing, policy, procedure and responsibility for projects and programs within the 605 portfolio. You are both hands-on and responsible for a team of PMs who are managing projects within and across teams. You will provide project tracking/reporting, project assurance/quality control, project information management, financial tracking, risk/issue tracking and change control.
- While reporting to our SVP, Data Solutions, you will be managing a team of project managers across all areas of the company. Some areas currently have a strong PM discipline and/or existing PMs in place, and some do not. You will assess needs, existing capacity, and understand the cross-team interactions and dependencies. You will build a project management roadmap that dovetails with the company’s trajectory and establish reliable process and methodology that provide value to all stakeholders.
- You will have superb interpersonal skills, and comfort managing up, down and sideways with all stakeholders in the company. Thoughtfulness regarding your team’s career development and growth opportunities is critical. You will be working on a daily basis with senior management and department heads across the company where PM activities are ongoing.
- You must have demonstrated depth working in an Agile development environment where products and services are technology-enabled, and delivered via a combination of SaaS and managed services. You should be completely comfortable managing competing project priorities and helping the organization manage through change and quickly pivot when priorities are adjusted.
- You will develop a data-gathering and reporting discipline that will enable transparent and timely status tracking of deliverables and milestones, project-level risk and issue coordination, and monitoring of the status of projects transitioning into normal business operations.
- You will evaluate our existing PM tools, processes, and reporting and make changes where needed in order to achieve optimal transparency, delivery reliability, and information accuracy.
- The company is at a stage where new product offerings, major new technology initiatives, and significant growth in the client base are all occurring. You will provide leadership, guidance and insight for new project planning, including scoping, goals, definition of deliverables including MVPs and later phases, costs, timelines, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, business, or related
- PMP and Scrum Master certifications. CSPO and SPC4 certification(s) also highly desirable and/or other field-related certifications such as MBA or similar work experience
- 10-15 years leading and managing complex projects for highly technically-skilled teams, and delivering exceptional project management by leading and managing a highly motivated and excellent project management team
- Ability to escalate and communicate roadblocks and remediation plans to support the organization in reaching its goals or amending strategies as needed
- Formal training and experience in various project management programs and tools. Deep experience working in an Agile technology development environment.
- Experience with highly technical development, product, support and QA teams and projects
- Experience working with SaaS PM and development process tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.
- An understanding of data-driven businesses and the governance, compliance and data lifecycle considerations that come into play.
- Familiarity with the process controls, testing, evidence and auditing related to SOC2 / SOC3 or similar compliance (e.g., SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- Prior experience working at a company where the product portfolio is a mix of self-service SaaS solutions and managed services with high-touch client relationships.
- Background in TV, media, advertising or other related fields is a significant plus.
- This role will be based out of either our Syosset or NYC office, and will require time to be split between the two locations. Occasional trips to our Pasadena, CA office may also be required from time to time.
Important and Standard
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Life & Disability insurance
- 401k plan with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
Other cool benefits
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight knit start up community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.