Director of Media Analytics Products
At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
Our products and methods are built on unique data-set of TV viewership and a deep background in consumer analytics. We seek to help our diverse clients (Global Brands, Content Creators, Content Distributors, Political Campaigns) make better decisions around TV advertising and programming.
About the Role
The Director of Media Analytics plays a key role in aligning our engineering, product, and sales teams to deliver business solutions that meet our strategic objectives. This individual will drive strategic planning and partner with stakeholders across the company to tackle operational problems, identify blockers to scaling, and drive continuous process improvement.
The Ideal candidate:
- Is energized by a cross-functional role working across engineering, data science, product and business development
- Enjoys working with clients to use your technical skills, creative thinking and EQ to solve real-world business problems and build trusted relationships
- Can keep a cool head in a stressful situation
- Loves to learn and constantly consumes information (breaking news, technology developments, academic papers, and so on)
- May have built a spreadsheet to evaluate an important life decision
- Act as a technical consultant externally and internally, working with well-known brands, advertisers and agencies, and data providers, while collaborating with product, data science and tech teams
- Manage and execute on analytic engagements both custom and productized for clients on a daily basis, bridging the gap between 605’s solutions and client use cases
- Maintain and develop relationships with partners and clients while building products and solutions.
- Identify, design, and build product improvements and help drive efficiency
- Project manage workflows, provide technical guidance, and advocate & implement new product features in an effort to deliver value for clients
- Ensure client success by serving as a product generalist
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or other quantitative focus in social science (including Economics, Political Science, etc)
- Expertise in statistical, data and behavioral science(s)
- Ability to recognize gaps in own understanding
- Prompt response and action when needed, people rarely need to follow up with you
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments with little direction. We don't have all the answers, but you'll need to find them
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies and design
- Familiarity with basic tools for statistics and analysis (SQL, Python, R) and Data visualization (Excel, Tableau, Looker, R)
- Willingness and desire to learn - in both technical and non-technical capacity
- Strong communications and client-facing skills
- Ability to connect with individual clients to understand their problems and priorities
- Ability to clearly communicate, present, and explain complex topics and recommendations in simple terms
- Ability to deliver positive and negative results to external clients and stakeholders (including partners and internal teams) with solid underlying rationale
- 3-7 years in an external client-facing role is preferred (e.g. consulting, finance, etc.)
- Moderate skill level with Python or R (managing multiple scripts, projects, moving data across a variety of stores, good programming practices)
- Mentorship and teaching experience, guiding professional development of others
- Experience giving both positive and negative feedback to reports or collaborators
- Experience interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new employees
- Familiarity supporting a variety of clients with varying levels of expertise and understanding in data science and/or analytics
- Strong communications and visualization skills with data-intensive presentations, including geographic or time-series analyses
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!